Guest Advisor Job Description
JOB TITLE: Guest Advisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FULL TIME OR PART TIME
SCHEDULED WORK HOURS: All Shifts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the common areas and office
- Provide and oversee the daily needs of guests
- Record pertinent daily activities in log
- Meet with guests engaged in HH programs and assist them in meeting expectations by holding
the guest accountable
- Conduct the initial intake interview of guests and enter information into the software system.
- Ensure emergencies are handled per policy and procedures
- Conduct drug screens and engage in guest dismissal conversations in a Christ-like manner
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the guest service policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: - This position has no supervisory responsibilities
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Servant Leadership - A servant-leader focuses primarily on the growth and well-being of people
by serving those around them. This is different from traditional leadership where the leader's
main focus is the thriving of the organization. While traditional leadership generally involves the
accumulation and exercise of power by one at the “top of the pyramid,” servant leadership is
different. The servant-leader shares power, puts the needs of others first and helps people
develop and perform as highly as possible. Instead of the people working to serve the leader,
the servant leader exists to serve the people
- Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Administers required
action for non-compliance issues. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Guest Service – Manages difficult or emotional guest situations. Responds promptly to guest
needs, request for services and assistance. Meets commitments
- Interpersonal skills – Maintains confidentiality. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens
and gets clarification
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Provides numerical data accurately
and timely. Be able to respond to questions from guests, managers and the general public.
- Must be computer literate – working knowledge of data base and word processing software
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to
other’s views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Supports organization’s goals and
values. Provides a biblical approach to solutions.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe
conditions. Uses materials and equipment properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistent to work and on-time. Accurately records work hours and
acquires approval prior to working overtime
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility
for own actions. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to work in a
noisy environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves
intermittently during working hours. Interacts with guests, staff, visitors, etc. under all conditions/
circumstances. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset guests or visitors. May be exposed to
infections conditions including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis viruses. May be required to work
extended periods of time at a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to ascend and descend three (3) flights
of steps within 3 minutes to meet safety requirements in the event of an emergency.